Sunday, April 07, 2013

Constant Nausea, Fullness and Why I'm Booking a Doctor's Appointment

Two weeks ago I woke up in the morning feeling nauseated following an end-of-term party.

Not thinking too much about it - considering the fact I'd drunk a small amount of alcohol during the party the previous evening - You can imagine my despair as I type this a fortnight later, still suffering the nausea and a constant feeling of being full.

Initially experienced in the days following the party, my stomach became progressively worse last week in the time between Chester falling ill and passing away five-days later.

Alongside the constant nausea and fullness I've been experiencing sore throats first thing in the morning (a plausible sign of Acid Reflux Disease) together with a gruff sounding voice during the day (with the need to cough to clear my throat) and nightly indigestion. Couple this with the feeling of liquid in my esophagus and acidic, burning belches, it's safe to say my stomach is in a pretty bad way right now.

The need to take action presented itself yesterday when walking around a shopping mall I felt like I was physically holding down liquid, a feeling that eventually made me heave slightly.

So on Monday morning I'll be booking a rather urgent doctors appointment.

Admittedly I'm a little nervous: having considered the whole stomach problem may be stress and anxiety not previously experienced at this level, I'm concerned that as I admit the problem to my doctor I'll have a surge of anxiety that will make me Fight or Flight straight out the door?

Whilst I'm going through hell at the moment - what with grief and now stomach trouble - I can't help but identify how suffering nausea for so long will have hopefully had some positive effects on my Emet: I've been facing the prospect of being physically sick everyday!

I hope everyone is doing okay!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    How did the Doctors go?!

    Just interested because I reckon my Emet and my conditions are linked.

    My Emet has been awful recently and I suffer from reflux oesphagitus so every day I feel physically sick and then this results in panic attacks and feeling sick...nightmare!

    Hope you're all ok.

    Your blog is really helping me to know that I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete