Saturday, January 19, 2013

Kalms Tablets for a Calm Life?

Last week I pondered whether Bach's Rescue Remedy Spray could relieve the anxieties suffered by an Emetophobe.

In this article I've decided to talk about another product, Kalms Tablets, and reveal the experiences I've had taking them.


What are they?

So essentially Kalms are Tablets made up of those so called 'plant extracts' which I quickly touched upon in my review last week, they are supposed to provoke "temporary relief of worry, irritability and the stresses and strains of everyday life".

When you open your box of Kalms you'll find several 'sheets' of tablet foils.

One of the first things you'll notice when you pop-out a Kalms Tablet is how small they actually are - if you have a hangup about taking tablets these ones shouldn't be a problem: the smallest amount of water seems to wash them down nicely.

What's it like to use:

So you're supposed to swallow two Tablets three-times-a-day.

As the Tablets go down a strong and strangely calming aroma of mint follows aftermath.

What's interesting is that compared with Rescue Remedy Spray I'm not able to feel Kalms Tablets getting to work, there seems to be a strange moment two minutes or so after taking the Tablets where I realize I'm not actually panicking anymore and I've got some 'control' back; the hyperventilation diminishes.

The sudden calm seems to culminate with the adoption of a 'I can face my fear' attitude - one that Rescue Remedy Spray hasn't been able to provide.

It is therefore unsurprising that I'm tempted to take more Tablets when the euphoria feeling slowly goes away a minute later, the urge to have that calm again perhaps strong enough to make me ignore the daily usage instructions!

Summery

So to conclude my little review I feel like I should make a very important observation based on the experiences I've had taking Kalms - and Rescue Remedy for that matter - and it goes like this:

In the past I've taken these herbal medications to get me through some scenarios that threaten me as an Emetophobe, such as when I was faced with nerves having to give a presentation.

In those situations I tend to find they relieve the physical effects of panic attacks; the nasty course of rapid breathing and those involuntary jerky movements.

Ridding yourself of those symptoms can make you think clearer, hence my sudden 'I can face my fear' attitude!

This is distinguishable from the Cognitive effects of Emetophobia - the fears and obsessive thoughts you hold in your brain about being sick - which the products have never altered.

So basically what I'm trying to get at is that you probably shouldn't book that six-hour aeroplane flight on the basis that these herbal products will get you through - because they likely won't!

What you may find they can do though is provide a moment of relief!

And after all isn't that all we yearn for?

Have you taken Kalms Tablets before?

No comments:

Post a Comment