Sunday, December 30, 2012

An Emetophobe goes to the pub...

...and eats there too!

A few months ago - before headlines about the Winter vomiting bug started surfacing - I wouldn't have thought twice about going to the pub with friends.

Nowadays however this carefree attitude has changed.

So much so that when I was invited to go to a pub this evening I wasn't sure if I'd be comfortable eating out, as would be expected if I went.

Heck it was the first time I'd actually left the house in a week so being in a public place was scary in itself.

Yet surprisingly when I was at the pub I decided to order.

Whilst I'm not sure if I ordered just to fit in and not give excuses as to why I wasn't hungry, I'm glad I did order food as it proves I still do have some type of control over Emetophobia.

Looking at the menu I was tempted to get a chicken and bacon salad (so that I could eat the salad on its own) but in the end decided to have macaroni cheese.

Whilst it's not something that would have been my first choice a few months ago, it was one of the only meals being sold that did not come with meat.

And finally, who can honestly resist dessert!?...

Here are some photos of the food!

Main: My satisfyingly small portion of macaroni cheese with slice of garlic bread.

Dessert: I couldn't resist this cheesecake - although I only ate half!

Since sitting down to dine there has been a niggling voice in the back of my mind reminding me that I didn't see how my food was being prepared and who by.

Nonetheless I'm happy I was able to control my emotions!

Have you eaten out lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment